When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex asian automatic not starting

mark111

Hi everybody. This is my first post and i`d like to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the information i`ve learned.

I bought a Rolex datejust with asian automatic movement from Silix and when it arrived it never worked at all. I tried everything to get it started but only thing i noticed was that the second would sometimes try to move, almost as if it was stuck. I contacted Silix and he was very helpful and offered me a $15 refund or a free watch with my next order so I took the partial refund. Can anyone help me fix this as its such a shame to have it lying around.

Thanks for your help

Mark

It sounds like quite a serious problem with the movement, and probably won't be an easy fix unless you have skill on working with movements.

A replacement movement can be purchased for around $10 (ask the dealer(s) if they can source you one). Thereafter you can either install it yourself (not recommended unless you have experience) or have a watchmaker install the movement.

In the men's version the movement would certainly be a DG2813, this is the case with the majority of asian auto 21J reps mens reps. I am not sure if reps of women's watches use the same movement, try searching on the forum if this is the case, or post a new topic, you might get a faster response.

Mark a new movement would cost you as much as a new watch when you consider the movement cost, tax, shipping ect and then paying some one to fit it. Unfortunately this is part of the game with reps, i have generally been very lucky but you get the odd problem and i have not sen any of the smaller asian movements available from cousins uk ect,

Mark a new movement would cost you as much as a new watch when you consider the movement cost, tax, shipping ect and then paying some one to fit it. Unfortunately this is part of the game with reps, i have generally been very lucky but you get the odd problem and i have not sen any of the smaller asian movements available from cousins uk ect,

+1

Sometimes its quicker, easier and cheaper to just order a replacement watch, in this case I would go with FxrAndy's recommendation.