When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jimmyzfu's Pam Crown Guard Sets

Linder

Hi guys,

I sent an email to Jimmy a few days ago about the possibility of having a proper H series crown guard set developed and what kind of order it would take to make it happen. Jimmy said it would be impossible as his source has gone out of business.

I would read into this that if you want one of his crown guard sets, purchase it now as it may not be available later :(

I have had the same discussion with Jimmy about getting the 'H' series CG made and got the same response. He also told me that he originally intended to assemble and sell 'no-name' watches in the Panerai style but then abandoned the idea. This was before decent quality Panerai reps became widely available and at a time when the genuine collectors simply thought that the reps were amusing. He only had 200 of each item made so he then started to sell the parts on ebay, as Panerai spares. It was never his intention to get involved in the rep scene and he is a highly respected Paneristi - his picture has been posted on the Paneristi boards at various functions. I am not 100% convinced about the manufacturer of his parts now being out of business - I think Jimmy just wants to get rid of his parts and have nothing more to do with reps.

I agree that his CGs are now in short supply and I know that the quality is first class. So are his cases and some 'reputable' collector/dealers have used them to recase scruffy PAMs without declaring the change. These cases are a different league to the normal rep case and are 100% accurate.