When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 power reserve

zzipy

I recently acquired my first A7750 powered watch. I wear it from 8 in the morning to around 8 in the evening. Normal sedantry desk job. Every morning I get up the watch is dead between 5-7 AM. I don't wind the watch as it has the revolving Rotor problem (the rotor moves when I wind the watch) and I was advised not to wind it to avoid stripping some gears that are failing to disengage.

is this normal? will service help with the power reserve? what do you guys get out of your watch when you don't wind? do you wind it regulalry?

Thanks

Edited by zzipy

My recent purchase has that problem and in some instances it is shorter depends on how I leave the watch. I have the same sort of wearing habits also (desk job). My panerai ferrari I picked up seems to have this problem. I have been waiting to get my breitling SOSF back from vac so I can send the ferrari in to be serviced. I think a service should clear up the problem and it is probably a good idea to have them serviced anyhow lol. Now my Graham ChronoFighter I picked up a while back (before I joined rwg, I bought it off a member on TRC who was local) doesn't have this problem. It will actually last 20+ hours. So I don't know if the ones in the watches now are different or from different sources or maybe sold needing a service.

I can't really give much advice on what you should do to resolve the problem but I will say that I don't think it should be normal and I think it is expected with the A7750 lol.

I have had a few through the years that did that, a good cleaning and servicing usually made the reserve a lot longer.

The rotor issue, once taken care of, should help immensely as well.

I have one 7750 that is 4 yrs old, and keeps great time, and has a reserve of about 33 hrs. :)