When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Playing with an iPad at the Apple Store

redwatch

Yeah, I can definitely see this being a very nice, "couch sitting" internet device! And RWG looks great on it. It's nothing like on the iPhone where it defaults to the lo-res version. You get the full experience on the iPad. It's just like browsing RWG on Safari on a regular lap top or desk top. And it is fast! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I love mine while I am sitting at on the chair watching television. heck even while I am sitting at work works great. I have a smart phone (palm pro with sprint) so I didn't get the 3G version. I don't really know that I will especially with the HTC EVO coming out this summer. Since it will have 4G I suspect it will be good.

Linked to my phone using sprint mobile network.

4568887606_d298912d35.jpg

Its interesting you mention that. I was wondering if it would make more sense to just get the wifi one and a sprint 4G wireless device that shares the network connection. I believe they make a stand alone one. I wonder if the price difference will make sense? The unlimited AT&T plan is only $29.00 per month with no contract

Its interesting you mention that. I was wondering if it would make more sense to just get the wifi one and a sprint 4G wireless device that shares the network connection. I believe they make a stand alone one. I wonder if the price difference will make sense? The unlimited AT&T plan is only $29.00 per month with no contract

The 3B unlimited with at&t is exactly that. It is unlimited month to month. Now with a mobile phone (what I have and use when I am not around wifi) they call it unlimited but I believe most carriers limit it to 5GB a month. I don't know if they start to charge overages if you go over that but I believe they are unlimited up to a point. With the ipad plan it is unlimited with no exceptions. 50GB or whatever its all good with that plan, at least that is what they are saying right now. I suspect it will change at some point.

Personally I wouldn't get the 3G version unless you wanted to pay $120 more. If you didn't have a smartphone already with a data plan you probably should look at it though. But for me, the non-3G pared up with my current unlimited data plan is fine and I will be super happy when the 4G phone is out so I can use the 4G network and get much faster downloads. The big down side is the battery drain on the mobile phone when I am using it as a router. However I just bring my charger to work and plug it in and carry a car charger all the time. My phone dies quickly while I am using it at the router hotspot probably 1 hour maybe 2 hours tops. I don't know how well the mifi, and the other 4G router they have out work with battery life but I am suspect on how long they would last. With the 3G ipad people are getting 8-10 hours with 3G on. So that is another advantage to going that route.