When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Working tourbillon - white or black dial

rek001

Hi good people, so I'm thinking of getting a watch with the working tourbillon complication, something truly different to add to my collection.

I don't know if this question can be answered but, I was wondering, if you had the choice, would you prefer a black or a white dial to showcase the tourbi motion?

Thanks much.

Hey R, how's it going?

I like yours - it has a nice, big tourbi you can see and the dial is fairly uncluttered.

In looking at Josh's offerings I like the JLC Master and the VC Patrimony, but it appears they are offered in RG only, I wonder how often I would wear it, prefer SS.

I guess I could ask Josh if he could get it in steel.

My choice for the above was primarily because of the dial. Clean, uncluttered and unbranded. The fact that it was stainless steel was what cinched the deal.

Lani is now the owner of that piece... Unfortunately, the tourby in any dial variation was a little too formal for me :)

I bet most dealers should be able to get these tourbillons...

I agree with you about the uncluttered dial, if it's too busy it will take away from the tourbi.

I e-mailed Josh about the JLC Master & the VC Patrimony, if he can get in SS rather than RG.

If not, I'll contact other dealers who are willing to search out watches.

Angus has a large selection, I think 9 pages worth, the ones with PR are over $900, ouch.

Anyway, he has the JLC and the VC Patrimony in steel, what I'm looking for, but I don't know about Angus service there days....

Angus has a large selection, I think 9 pages worth, the ones with PR are over $900, ouch.

Anyway, he has the JLC and the VC Patrimony in steel, what I'm looking for, but I don't know about Angus service there days....

I just purchased my first Rolex through Angus...but because of the volcano eruption, the flight was delayed! Other than that...solid communication and a great piece!

It's not bad in black either.

tourby2.jpg

But I just sold it. 38mm size is way too small for my normal wearing now :(

I ordered this (not my pics, still waiting for them to arrive)

43mm JLC

tourby1.JPG

44.5 Hublot

_DSC0014.jpg

Nothing better to fill an open slot in the watchbox with 2 new pieces :p

Edited by vric

vric, the RG/black dial is from Homer, yes? Beautiful, a true shame he retired from business.

I like the JLC very much, nice clean dial that doesn't compete with the tourbi - perfect.

The Hublot is very sharp too, very nice.

You order both from Hont?

Your photos are great - answers my question precisely. It seems that the black or white dial is an aesthetic choice, whichever one you like better, both showcase the tourbi very well.

Thanks much for the photos, a big help, and enjoy your watches, you must be excited.

I like the JLC very much, but am confused as to where the Regulateur part of the watch is?

Do we really care? It's a fantasy rep anyway : )

I like the really clean look of it (and price is below some a7750 rep!)

Yes my Tourbi was from Homer. Sad it was so small, it looked great!

And yes Hont is my trusted dealer lately, but many dealer have both watch available.