When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wobbly Bezel On Po...

rmcsherry

My PO is an older generation, and has several obvious flaws. The most irritating are the pearl and the wobbly, misaligned bezel. I figured I could take the bezel off (using bytor's Seamaster bezel replacement tut at TRC), realign it and adjust the spring. Everything was going well until I the spring launched itself from the watch whilst I was replacing it! On the plus side, I found another lost spring for a pusher whilst I was looking for it.

117885-22266.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture, I was trying to focus it on the *insert component's name here* instead of the watch! Anyway, this is the watch as it is, I assume the small part pictured should be placed back in the hole under the bezel once the spring has been found? As the bezel was fairly loose anyway, I was considering getting a new spring to tighten it up - does anybody have any recommendations of where to get one, or even suggestions of household objects I could take apart for the spring?!

By the way, the strap is the 20mm Omega strap from Official Time (ebay) that a few people have been promoting - it's nice quality and very soft, but both sides of the strap are the same length which seems very unusual, it means the buckle sits on the wrong part of your wrist.

Hey man! You are not the only one who's had this problem, I myself am a shitty watchsmith, and mucking around with my SMP GMT I almost messed it up, I think my thread relates to what happened to you.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=10564&hl=

Anyway, as someone suggested, if you find a pen with a thin ink-insert, you can cut of a piece of that spring somewhere on the middle part where it's slimmer. If you do find the original spring, just stretch it a little, just a little bit, and the bezel click will be much firmer and better.

Good luck!

Thanks to r11co, I've got the PO back together! I decided to go back with the SS band, I'll buy a leather strap when I find the right one - I ordered an 18mm omega buckle from a jewellers, but when it arrived, they'd measured the outside dimensions of the buckle so it doesn't fit. The bezel is still a bit wobbly, I've been reluctant to keep taking the bezel off in fear of losing the spring again!

119821-21838.jpg

119821-21839.jpg

119821-21840.jpg

The photos aren't up there at Pug's standard, and the light in the house always makes everything look lavender. I'm aware that the Omega logo is slightly high, the AR coating is very weak, the pearl needs replacing etc. But, is the crown horribly innacurate? I was at an AD this morning, and the crowns seemed to be a lot larger, this one sits flush with the casing in comparison!