When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

201/A case back...

tutima

Thinking to upgrade my 201/A CB to the new Jakob CB...Looking over the new version of 201/A case back from Jakob and comparing it to my old school EL case back...I would like to think that the new CB is a little better than the old but is still far from being close to gen...Unless, there is another version of gen CB than the one pic I found...

Here is my old EL CB on my 201/A...

DSC09356.jpg

DSC09355.jpg

The new CB from J...

201_final_01_s.jpg

201_final_04_s.jpg

And the gen...

IMG_0165.jpg

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated...

Basically if you have the old-school EL/Honpo/River 201/A caseback, stick to it mate.

IMO, there's no need to upgrade to Jacob's really as they're both a little off. No one that I know of has made a close to 1:1 201/A caseback yet.

And I'm not sure what's with these silly low numbers on J's casebacks, in less than a week I've seen 002, 003 and now 005. :brow:

It is my understanding that there are actually two different casebacks for the 201a. If you look at gen pictures, it is all in the "a"s. Low and mid cross bar a's both exist from the gen pictures that i have seen.

Can't go wrong either way.