When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-A project

jitai

Hi Guys ...

Post man came and left these in my mail box.

4611060575_5f365438a1.jpg

(From left to right) FGD's latest Pre-A PAM001 dial, DSN's Pre-A caseback, Opcrown palp's crown

Review for each item

1.) FGD's latest Pre-A dial is awesome. The dial is prelumed and looks vintage with the correct yellowish aged colour, very very well done "12","3","6" numerals and the font for the text and "T-Swiss-T" are spot on. I compare the dial with a gen pic and it look damn close. Special thanks to FGD for helping me. A true gentleman and it is really my pleasure knowing a great member here like you.

2.) DSN's older Pre-A caseback with some minor flaws. First, the caseback is too thin. Second, the engravings are too close to the round edge where there should be a gap in between on the gen (see gen pic below).

4391683569_99abfcbf61_m.jpg

Anyway, just got a reply from Jakobh that he plan to have some Pre-A caseback done in his next run. Guess I'll wait.

3.) Opcrown palp's crown is worth a mention here. Most rep crowns suffer the same problem with the bevel edge shaved off too much thus making the crown look thinner. Not in this case, the bevel edge is nicely done making the crown look thicker.

Next, I also found the right candidate for the mod. Yes, I am going to convert my PAM01B into a Pre-A PAM001.

Current PAM01B has

- DSN's earlier version luminor marina dial relumed, matt coating on dial and converting "T-S-T" to "T S T" by zigmeister.

Same dial spec as member W0lf's PAM01.

- T48 crown (Nice crown but wanted to try Opcrown palp's crown)

- Old Skool EL's case

- Thick old skool caseback which is correct for PAM01, 02

Not really sure to go ahead with the conversion at first but decided to do so because it has most of the parts needed and ready for the mod.

4611669554_35620e6a82.jpg

Pic of the current PAM01B (left) and pic of a gen Pre-A 001

Will update pics when the project is completed.

Thanks for viewing.

Edited by jitai