When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help

Collin24

Hi guys,

I sent a skyland in for a lume job and to have the Asian movement replaced with a brand new Swiss7750. I bought the movement from a Swiss ebay seller with 100% feedback and the movement is actually brand new.

The problem is that after replacing the movements, the chrono seconds hand won't fit and the minute and hour chrono hands won't move.

The guy that has the watch ordered an original hand set that will fit, but doesn't know how to fix the minute and hour hand.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Catalin

Edited by Collin24

Measurements for 7750 (Swiss and Asian) pinions:

Swiss-

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.25mm

Subdials 0.17mm

Asian (28800bph)-

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.20mm

Subdial 0.20mm

One solution would be to get Swiss hands; another would be to procure genuine Breitling hands if you can find them.

A third option would be to have the center seconds hand broached and the subdial hands reduced at the tubes.

Thanks a lot Ubi, you are the MAN!!!

My guy already ordered genuine hands so hopefully when he installs them, everything will work properly.

Cheers,

Catalin

Measurements for 7750 (Swiss and Asian) pinions:

Swiss-

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.25mm

Subdials 0.17mm

Asian (28800bph)-

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.20mm

Subdial 0.20mm

One solution would be to get Swiss hands; another would be to procure genuine Breitling hands if you can find them.

A third option would be to have the center seconds hand broached and the subdial hands reduced at the tubes.

I can't wait to get the watch back, I bought in November last year and it's been in the shop since January. I will post pictures when it arrives of course.

I have another vintage Certina diver at an American watchmaker since January too.

It's really hard coping with all this waiting but I hope that the end result is satisfactory.

Cheers,

Catalin

If you've got gen hands on the way, you'll be set! Nothing beats gen...

;)

Looking forward to seeing the completed watch!

Cheers,

//ubi

Well, the hands came in but the subials still don't work.

Frustration is now reaching critical level, I thought I made all the right steps but I'm sitting here with no watch after 7 months and an expenditure of 700EUR. :angry:

I will send the watch to Domenico as I should have done in the first place and see if he can do something. If not, I'm scrapping the movement, the watch and all. (maybe it just wasn't meant to be?!)

Catalin

Can anyone help me with a blue dial and hands set for a Breitling Skyland?

I will pay whatever it takes for a good V3 dial with proper lume dots and a set of hands.

If anyone can help me please send me a PM.

Thank you in advance,

Catalin

Edited by Collin24