When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blast from the past - The Mark XI

PeteM

Came across a Mark 11 so I thought I would post some pics, I am sure you know some of its history but here is a link for the HJ with an in depth history of the watch and its origins and variations. It still keeps great time!!!

http://www.iwc.ch/lecture/library/_pdf/mark11a-en.pdf

4638869959_329b0fe187_b.jpg

4638872703_eea9e54ca0_b.jpg

4638875713_99cfabf2d5_b.jpg

4638878689_8b57348419_b.jpg

I really like that Military IWC dial! Very nice contrast between the white print and nicely aged lume! The strap is a little odd with out any sort of endlinks though. I really like the look of it on the NATO as shown in that PDF you linked to. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I really like that Military IWC dial! Very nice contrast between the white print and nicely aged lume! The strap is a little odd with out any sort of endlinks though. I really like the look of it on the NATO as shown in that PDF you linked to. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I still find it hard to see why such a small watch was issue to pilots and navigators it must of been hard to see over all the kit. I agree on the strap it seems it came with 3 types, 2 metal and 1 material. It is a nice dial I would be keener to wear it if it was bigger.