When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FGD 203a tritium luming question

zhoon1129

I have a completed 203a with lumed version of FGD dial($175version) and wondering if I can change the color to more like orange(tritium) without sending it to The Zigmeister as hes out of business till june. My question is that is there any chance it can change to orange naturally as time goes by like gen tritium? or can I microwave it? haha will the watch melt? help me. If tritium luming is absolutely necessary is there anyone who can do similar to The Zigmeister tritium lume?

I don't think you want to microwave it, it won't melt since it's not plastic, but could be fire hazard since it's metal, brass perhaps.

I also don't think FGD lume will get darker over time because it's not real tritium.

Vaclume can relume the dial for you since Zigmeister not an option for you.

Reluming is not necessary on lumed FGD dial.

I thought his dials were lumed to the right color. I certainly wouldn't bake it. And no the lume will not darken. If you are detemined to change the color you could think about adding a touch of tint by actually adding a light coat of color (paint) since you don't care about

the glow. But I would leave it alone.

I thought his dials were lumed to the right color. I certainly wouldn't bake it. And no the lume will not darken. If you are detemined to change the color you could think about adding a touch of tint by actually adding a light coat of color (paint) since you don't care about

the glow. But I would leave it alone.

Thanks for the comment guys.

I've decided to leave as is.