When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wearing my new (ish)Gen 219J on a new Paci - Destro Love!

tanya

Hi fellas

Put my new MArio Paci Carrera on my newer Gen 219 J today. Damn I love Mario Paci!! Figured I'd share a couple crappy pics of a very overpriced Gen that I could'nt resist. This particular J model comes with a slightly oversized crown. It is the only series of Pam to EVER be made with this larger crown which is kinda cool.

IMG00295-20100528-1209.jpg

IMG00294-20100528-1209.jpg

Anyway I thought Pete might like to see a gen Destro movement shot as well

IMG00296-20100528-1210.jpg

Slightly less crappy movement shot from when I first got her a couple weeks back

IMG00243-20100507-1153.jpg

On the Black OEM calf that didn't sing to me

IMG00245-20100507-1155.jpg

Close up of the chubbier crown

IMG00242-20100507-1152.jpg

Very nice Tanya! You have some great PAM's. You know, you say overpriced, but when you look at a gen Panerai - it just oozes quality. The finish is just second to none.....precision manufacturing at its best.

Thanks man

Didn't mean that all pams were overpriced but this one was a grand more just for the J series and larger crown compared with an I, K or L series

Lovely Destro mate congrats, simple elegance.....:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Any chance of more side on pics from CG side pleae mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I aint going to mention that movement or I will start dribbling.....to late..Bugger!!!!

Thanks mate

Looks lovely :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So for reference what colours the AR hue on it?

How do you know about the crown is it from visual comparison or is it recorded somewhere on line etc because I would of normally assumed where theres one theres more... with PAMs that is.. but you mention its the only one (in terms of model/series etc) if thats the case any idea why or how it came about at all?

I would be interested to know as it seems a strange part to vary in such a limited way if you know what I mean mate.

I am stiil drooling over that movement just wishing that buying one and parting it out would be viable for my franken 217.

silvery purple -pinky hue only at certain angles and under certain light. Camera exposure makes it seem more dramatic that it really is. Most of the time it's hue free and clear. Same as the AR in a Planet Ocean

Also exactly the same as the AR on my Gen 177H, my K series auto's seem to have either less AR or no AR at all

Don't know why they decided to make a bigger crown only for the 219 and only for the J series but I am glad I got it! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks Simon

But no collection, not even the nicest gen collection is complete without one of your beauties!