When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crockey Lured me in with more FGD stuff, now what do I do? FGD and Jakob 203A

tanya

Crockey Lured me in with more FGD stuff, now what do I do???? FGD and Jakob 203A

I received Crockey's new unlumed FGD 203a dial and Jakob caseback yesterday. I had no intention of another build since I just bought that gen 297 last week and screwed up my Franken 10D and FGD 201a the previous week

But I am a sick son of a ***** and in all fairness I am PVD -less, besides the final build could either make another Wristie happy or I can get myself a hell of a trade

The Dial is going to be lumed by Everest

So now what?

I am in no hurry on this one, I have no doubt the lume will be stunning but I prob won't see the dial for a month or more anyway after I send it

Prob going to go with another Getat case set since the last one turned out nicely (UNLESS THE PRE_V CASE PROJECT IS READY SOOOOOOOOOOOOON :thumbsupsmileyanim: ), wholesale pre-v lug tube screws, T crown, then a wholesale CG since the one I just gave to Rex as a present was suprisingly good and the LH's are gone along with my fav the V Cg's

Then I guess an Avitt bath at some point

What do you kids think?

I think you should go for it mate... always more satisfying if you can do something like that yourself...

Not sure on the Tat case unless you can be sure its as previous..I have found some variations in his cases especially for PreV. Although I am far from an expert I always understood from more senior guys on here. The way to go on a PreV was a Helenerou case and Jackson Bezel but that may of changed.

As for CG I have a couple of those myself and I would ceratinly put those after the first choices of LHs and VCGs. Though there are some about and they do come up pretty regularly. Even on a modded watch then swap the LH for the Wholesale and resell :)

Stick with what you already know you want to do......afterall the gens your getting are great and enjoyable but you dont get that journey ;):)

Good luck whatever you choose mate thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks young Alex

I know the LH and V's are better but I am really going to try to stick with a budget on this baby because of my recent gen splurging. The only way I am spending over a $150 on a CG is if it a gen

I just hope the case project comes through! I'd prefer to save my budget money for one of the first Pre-V cases and the Avitt bath

I know what I would do. And with a little bit of luck it will all become clear relatively shortly. Stay tuned for a couple of pieces that will rock your socks off (I hope). :) The dream - proper Pre-V case set with proper OEM vintaged PVD. Experiments with the PVD are going on as we speak and you know the story on the cases - moving as fast as we can. :)

The PVD intrigues me as well! Danke mein watchfuher!

I wouldn't go that far but I have a pair of cases back from the OEM coater and a certain well-known watch smith around here has agreed to play around with mine to see what we can do over the next couple of weeks. It is tricky because there is a fine line between years of wear (and that beautiful sheen) and no coating. :lol: The basic case itself still has a few hurdles before we are good to go.

My 2c - I wouldn't try to emulate aged and worn in AlN look, I would just attempt the best heaviest coat from the OEM factory. I think the most authentic patina can only be acquired by natural wear and tear, and I know Rolex folks will agree with me on that. Put this 203/a on your off hand and wear it everywhere, get it broken in and beat up doing yard work or whatever other manual labor you're into. In my opinion no creative use of capecod, brillo and oxiclean can ever match the natural unforced randomness of a well worn, well traveled piece.