When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex DSSD V5 rehaut misalignment.

Hi I just recently bought from a board member a V5 DSSD that was serviced by VAC, I am kind of anal as I know most of you are about small little things on ur watch....Fantastic piece; however, I can't keep my eyes off of the misaligned rehaut. The capital E of the Gas Escape Valve is a fraction of a mm to the right of the 12 (center) and now the whole rehaut just looks wrong....IS this a factory error or can the rehaut be realligned....? Thanks for your help

Hwere is a link to a post about 10 down from yours that is asking about the same thing

LINK

It seems like everyone who owns a DSSD has the same problem to some degree. The OREV fonts and spacing aren't exact in most cases, so they (factory) have to try to compensate. If you line up the E at the top, the K at the bottom doesn't line up, or the O is too far down, etc. Unfortunately, this flaw will drive some folks crazy, others it really isn't such a big deal. I have seen photos of genuine DSSD's taken dead head on and the OREV doesn't line up exactly, so it isn't just a "Rep thing".

But to answer your question read the linked thread and see what happened when it was attempted!!

Hi I just recently bought from a board member a V5 DSSD that was serviced by VAC, I am kind of anal as I know most of you are about small little things on ur watch....Fantastic piece; however, I can't keep my eyes off of the misaligned rehaut. The capital E of the Gas Escape Valve is a fraction of a mm to the right of the 12 (center) and now the whole rehaut just looks wrong....IS this a factory error or can the rehaut be realligned....? Thanks for your help

Jcmiro,

Attempt nothing and leave it like that!

It's a beauty!

E.