When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Blane-io - FGD 201a arrived today from my bud. Thanks to Simon, Zig, Blane, Jakob and my bud!

tanya

The Blane-io - FGD 201a arrived today from my special watchmaker buddy

Just got my FGD 201a back today from my bud and whooooooooooooooooooo

I bought the case set from Blane-io as well as the extraordinary The Zigmeister genuine Tritium lumed FGD dial

Blane did a masterful job finishing the LH CG to fit to the DSN pre-V case and T 48 crown

The dial had some noticable scratches in the finish and a bit of a dark spot which Blane clearly pointed out to me ahead of time which was due to the various different owners handling it. The Zigmeister's work was of course masterful and it's a shame it's owners didn't wear finger cots when handling her.

So I ordered a can of the Tamiya TS-80 varnish which everyone said was best and had it sent off to my watchmaker bud along with the dial and case set and an Ofrei Swiss Unitas movement

My bud tore the entire movement apart, cleaned, oiled and regulated it and removed the subsecond module as well

We had to wait for the damn Tamiya varnish as the ebay seller who sold it took their sweet time sending it to him

Last week the varnish arrived and he gave the dial a fine coating which turned out friggen perfect. Only the small black spot by the hand hole is visable and there is nothing that can really be done about it short of fine sanding it out which could make the problem worse than the minor nit that it is. In addition most of the genuine Pre-V's I have seen seem to have some type of dial patina or age character anyway.

He assembled the whole thing and ran it on a timer to happily find it keeping perfect time

I just got it back this afternoon and installed the Jakob 201a caseback that I got last week as well as the wholesale outlet screw tubes which are more accurate than the PreV DSN screws.

I chose my heavily oiled Gunny 95 and it is a perfect match to the color of the gen The Zigmeister Tritium lume

Looks amazing, CG snaps against the T crown like my gens!

Very very happy and thanks to Blane-io who of course gets first right of refusal should I get demnesia and decide to let her go

Thanks go out to Simon for making our dreams come true!

To The Zigmeister for his unbelievable lume work which is jaw dropping!

To Jakob for helping to finalize the vision with his amazing chunky caseback!

To Tourby for his perfect crowns!

And to my watchmaker bud who put all the ingredients together!

So, here's the laundry list:

FGD 201a dial with Genuine The Zigmeister Tritium lume, light varnish by my bud

DSN pre-V case set

LH CG - refinished by Blane-io and pin gorilla glued by me

Swiss Unitas cleaned oiled and regulated by my bud

T-48 crown

Assembled by my bud

Jakob caseback added by me

Gunny 95 with fatty SC anchor buckle

Wholesale outlet Pre-V screwtubes

IMG00348-20100619-1648.jpg

IMG00348-20100619-1655.jpg