When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex DSSD question (for the ultimate version)

Arlington Beech

I've had a look through the reviews and the ultimate looks like the one I want to go with (though any advice would be great)

So onto my questions which I hope don't show off just how much of a noob I am

1) its the one here (http://perfect2clones.com/rlsd00088-deep-sea-dweller-ss-blk-asia-3135-ult-v-p-5169.html) right?

2) Which movement would you all recommend...the Asia 3135 or the Swiss ETA 2836-2

3) The shipping..maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when i click shipping...one is listed as 'free shipping'...but it costs 30$?

Also, I read in one of the review threads (don't believe it was for this specific model but it may have been)that for the watches you have to seal up the He valve so that it doesn't leak (obviously not goign diving with it..but splashes or so on), am I right in assuming that this has been done with this watch as its rated to go to 50m or 5atm? or would I still need to do something

Any other mods to do to this (I've heard about the bezel and the incorrect 10..but Im all thumbs...we'll see)

thank you all for your help! So much info to take in here, and don't want to make a costly mistake!

I am no expert on the version of the DSSD but stay away from the 3135 clone, it is just a dressed up clone of a 2836 and the dressings fall off and stop the movement, on top of that you pay more for what you cant see any way

Thank you! I am leaning towards the Swiss ETA movement, so that just pushes me further in that direction. Still waiting to hear back from Trevor @ TrevorTime about his offering.

thanks for the help!

I am no expert on the version of the DSSD but stay away from the 3135 clone, it is just a dressed up clone of a 2836 and the dressings fall off and stop the movement, on top of that you pay more for what you cant see any way

Edited by Arlington Beech