When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modern Daytona bezel advice

Migge

So I have been "fiddling" with chaning bezel on my daytona to one that is not as "steep" as the stock one.

Problem I am having with this is that the bezel is a tad to large and does not hold the crystal in place, it snaps on to the case pretty well but the only thing holding the crystal in place is the retaining ring.

So is there anyway to secure the crystal? Or should I just go on with life and change back to the old bexel? What say you? :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbdown::bangin::drinks:

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

(Crystal is a tad high I must admit, and the bezel is not quite pressed on all the way in the last pic)

Thanks in advance for your advice gents!

// Mike

R to the rescue again, your input is always appreciated.

Where to find a thicker gasket? I have very little experience in doing this things.

Also, how much will water-resistance be affceted? Sine the bezel is not "pressing" on the crystal.

Thanks again R,

cheers

Mike

Well, the thicker gasket should provide some material for the bezel to seat against, as opposed to seating to just the case (I'm of the understanding that the bezel is only pressing to the small ring at the base of the rehaut lip). So, if the bezel is pressed to the gasket, this should provide for better water resistance and should hold the crystal on, as it's creating a seal from the exterior of the gasket.

As for where or how to find a gasket to work- I would mic the measurements of your current gasket, and the I.D. of your bezel. Then, maybe see if watchbitz has something that might fit your requirements. Or, a less scientific approach would be to obtain a couple of different gaskets for a 25-295 crystal; aftermarket and gen, they all seem to have slightly varying tolerances. Just start experimenting until one fits...

:)