When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 183 reparations

Viennawatch

Hello all!

I recently was introduced to Julesborel and Cousinsuk, unfortunately they don't have much or anything in regards to Panerai.

Anyone know where I can get a genuine or generic Panerai 183 tubes, crowns and Oring. I believe I can use the Oring already on the watch perhaps.

Problem is that the threading on my PAM 183 crown has been worn down! It wont screw back in so I would like to replace it. Would be a shame to throw away the watch. Its already got a lume job and servicing under it!

I could of course replace it with another rep crown and tube, but whats the point, then I'd have to replace them again after a few years...

I tried searching for some stuff here, but really didnt have any luck with it! :S

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Martin

Cousins UK has the correct tube. Tube K in their catalog. New tube is on the left and is much higher quality. You'll probably have to source a new crown from a dealer. Ruby got one for me. Davidsen can also get you one but he was more expensive.

DSCN3421.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Luminati!

Sorry for the late reply... Actually I am trying to source a genuine or generic crown. I feel the rep crowns just don't have the same steel quality as those of the others.

KBH, I had no luck with Ruby or Davidsen. Ruby said she doesnt deal in spare parts.

If anyone knows where to source a gen PAM 183 (Blackseal) crown for me do let me know!

Many thx!

VW

I feel the rep crowns just don't have the same steel quality as those of the others.

Hi VW,

Davidsen should definitely have the Rad tube as spare. Many of us sourced it from him in the past to fix our stripped stock rep crowns.

Also, I never had a rep Rad crown threads stripped, it was always the tube. It appears the tube is made of softer S/S than the crown. If you could source a gen or DSN tube and already have a rep crown - you should be sweet my friend!

cheers,

babola

Hi VW,

Davidsen should definitely have the Rad tube as spare. Many of us sourced it from him in the past to fix our stripped stock rep crowns.

Also, I never had a rep Rad crown threads stripped, it was always the tube. It appears the tube is made of softer S/S that the crown. If you could source a gen or DSN tube and already have a rep crown - you should be sweet my friend!

cheers,

Babola

Oh man!!! Babola! You are my hero!

Thank you soo much! Well I have already been able to source a tube from cousinsuk!

Its on its way to me! So in that case I will just have the rep crown that I already have installed on the new tube! Excellent news!

By the way.. Would you by any chance know if the Gen Blackseal has AR? Double or onesided?

thanks mate!

Edited by Viennawatch