When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For Women : Cartier De Santos Galbee

gtanak

I've not seen too many members of the fairer sex here nor seen reviews for women watches. Here is a watch i got for a friend who sent me a photo. My dealer (King) scoured i suppose all the factories in Guangzhou and finally found what i would say is 90% identical, i will cover the 5% right at the bottom. Being a quartz like the gen, i did not bother to open the case to check the movement. Here's a shot of the watch.

santosfull.jpg

Details taken from Cartier site.

Steel case, crown in steel set with a blue faceted synthetic spinel,

sapphire crystal,

silver grained dial,

Roman numerals,

sword-shaped blued-steel hands,

steel bracelet,

quartz movement

Cartier caliber 157,

water resistant to 30 meters / 100 feet.

Case dimensions: 34.8x26.2 mm, 6 mm thick.

Gen - 5% deducted for the wrong crown size.

santosgalbeeladies.jpg

Rep

santosfront.jpg

Gen

santosgalbeeside.jpg

Rep

side.jpg

Gen

santosgalbeeback.jpg

Rep

deployant.jpg

backcase.jpg

More on the bracelet and clasp

bracelet.jpg

backclasp.jpg

Here's one reason why its -5%, the cartier logo most likely a one-off factory defect since they got the other engraving spot on.

backclasp1.jpg

The only other fault i spotted after close scrutiny are the spacings between the screws on the caseback. On the rep they are grouped at corners, on the gen they have equal spacing.

Other comments are the rep bracelet is one of the toughest to adjust i've ever encountered, i believe they tried to copy the gen and have not done too good a job. Screws on the bracelet are pasted on only for decoration, not sure about the gen whether its pasted or screwed in. Other than that, naturally the watch keeps good time and is really a joy to wear according to the owner :)

Hope you've enjoyed this mini review!

If you never want to worry about winding your watch or setting the time etc, quartz is the way to go. What swung me was the fact the the gen is quartz and the case is too small for a small auto or mechanical mvmt. If you do get one.. do ensure the engravings on the bracelet are decent.

Cheers!