When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Face Rotating

dpphotos

Forgive a newb what is probably a very basic question, but I thought I'd ask rather than screw it up! I have a rep Omega PO and the whole face seems to be loose and has rotated 1 position clockwise, so that 12 is now where 1 should be. I'm happy to open it up but just wondered how to stop it from happening again? Is there a screw/fastening I'm looking for or is it a glue job?

Thanks,

Dan

Dial rotating freely in the case is an indication that the dial no longer has it's dial feet to secure it to the movement and is basically 'free floating' between the underside of the rehaut and the movement. The dial may be coming into contact with the datewheel or cannon pinion, which is causing the dial to rotate clockwise with the advancing of hours or date. Was this watch converted from an a21j movement to Swiss ETA?

The fix is to either procure a proper dial with dial feet intended for the specific movement you have, or to secure the dial to the movement with dial dots. You will need to disassemble the watch and uncase the movement, remove hands and dial to perform this task.

Hope this helps.

//ubi

Thanks for the advice. To be honest, I have no idea what the movement is. Yikes to removing the hands etc, time for lots more reading and research before I attempt that! Thanks again.

Dial rotating freely in the case is an indication that the dial no longer has it's dial feet to secure it to the movement and is basically 'free floating' between the underside of the rehaut and the movement. The dial may be coming into contact with the datewheel or cannon pinion, which is causing the dial to rotate clockwise with the advancing of hours or date. Was this watch converted from an a21j movement to Swiss ETA?

The fix is to either procure a proper dial with dial feet intended for the specific movement you have, or to secure the dial to the movement with dial dots. You will need to disassemble the watch and uncase the movement, remove hands and dial to perform this task.

Hope this helps.

//ubi

Do you have the 42mm or 45mm PO? Also, where did you purchase (second hand transaction, from a forum dealer, or via local vendor/stall)?

Depending on which you have, I *might* (I say might as I don't recall if I threw it away or not) have my old dial left over from when I changed out to genuine parts. If I still have it, and if it's compatible with your case, I'd be happy to gift it to you to fix your watch...

IMG_5410.jpg

I believe it's the 42mm, I'll check when I get home tonight. That's very kind, thank you! No probs if you don't have it, it will take me a while to get around to... a back burner project for sure!

Dan

Do you have the 42mm or 45mm PO? Also, where did you purchase (second hand transaction, from a forum dealer, or via local vendor/stall)?

Depending on which you have, I *might* (I say might as I don't recall if I threw it away or not) have my old dial left over from when I changed out to genuine parts. If I still have it, and if it's compatible with your case, I'd be happy to gift it to you to fix your watch...

IMG_5410.jpg