When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First mod attempt..Scary i need tipssss...

nnomad

Hi guys,

I bought a very nice 5517 from a fellow member, and that somehow transported me to the rolex world... and im falling in love im affraid.

I decided that this watch diserves something special..so.. im gonna try to upgrade it slowly .. that takes me to a couple of questions:

What mods would you advise me to do in such a watch?

1- I need a new bezel insert for this model.. is there any good aftermarket one?.. any special advices/technics to age it properly after buying it?

2- I think the original watch uses a triplock 8mm crown.... is this correct?..

3 - what is the correct tropic for this particular model?..the T39?

Thanks for all the tips guys, and ill try not to destroy such a beautifull watch.. (i cant promise anything though..)

Cheers

A.

Hmmmm... Finding a good aftermarket 5517 insert can be a bit tricky. I haven't found many good ones at reasonable prices, and the ones that are decent are pretty pricey for what they are ($130 - $150; for this price, you can buy a gen 5513 service/lumi insert).

The 5517 takes a 7mm Triplock. The correct crystal for that watch is a 25-19, though if you want a really high profile crystal a 25-39 will also fit.

Best of luck with your project...

//ubi

Hmmmm... Finding a good aftermarket 5517 insert can be a bit tricky. I haven't found many good ones at reasonable prices, and the ones that are decent are pretty pricey for what they are ($130 - $150; for this price, you can buy a gen 5513 service/lumi insert).

The 5517 takes a 7mm Triplock. The correct crystal for that watch is a 25-19, though if you want a really high profile crystal a 25-39 will also fit.

Best of luck with your project...

//ubi

Much appreciated Ubi!

Cheers mate

A.