When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Hard/expensive Is It To

MJP

Actually I just mean expensive or time consuming for a pro. Just want to clarify so I don't get the "don't try it" answers. Again, thanx.

ADDED 10 MINUTES AFTER POST: This ones so stinking of noob, people are just passing it by, lol. Maybe I should phrase it: Can any of you recommend a watch repairer to switch out a datewheel and dial? And how much would they (you) charge and how much time would it take?

Edited by MJP

Typically, not difficult, though watches with complications, sub dials, etc will require more time and effort (naturally).

So, ultimately, it depends on which watch... As it varies.

PAM250. A watch with subdials. Maybe from this point anyone who does this and wants to can PM me. Those new datewheels will fit, right?

I want to customize a 250 or 196 for visual accuracy, basically. I will probably have to start with a ETA movement model, I assume.

This is why I am also interested in getting, or somehow helping to make if I can, a more accurate dial.

PAM 250... Pretty straight forward. But, to use Mark's datewheels, you'll need the ETA 7753, and a new dial specifically for the 7753. I believe the 7753 date window is located in a different position than the Asian 7750's version (Swiss ETA has the date window centered between 4:00 and 5:00- Asian is slightly offset closer to 5:00), and the 7753 datewheel is not compatible with the Asian 7750 anyways...