When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tubes for straps

pdnb

I find that since Radiomirs have two short wire lugs vs. 1 solid long wire lug... straps tend to move around a lot. I have noticed that some straps have tubes i presume for the wire lugs to sit in. Is this common? where do you get tubes? Am i missing something?

It depends on the Radiomir model. Typically they have a tube that joins the two removable wire lugs and so won't accept a strap tube as well. And the Silix Kampf case has fixed lugs and won't accept a strap tube because it wouldn't fit between them. But you can get strap tubes from panatime.com or ewatchparts.com.

It depends on the Radiomir model. Typically they have a tube that joins the two removable wire lugs and so won't accept a strap tube as well. And the Silix Kampf case has fixed lugs and won't accept a strap tube because it wouldn't fit between them. But you can get strap tubes from panatime.com or ewatchparts.com.

I know you can get the regular Luminor case strap tubes from these two outlets, but never new you could get the smaller Rad ones. Thanks for the tip.

i wasn't particular asking for the small tube between the two wire lugs. I was specifically asking if OEM straps for radiomirs come with tubes. i have 232 and I presume Rep factories use same wire lugs for both 45 and 47mm models, the spacing is larger between the two. this causes the straps to move around alot and i don't care for that. How do peoples solve this problem? or do they just live with it on radiomirs?

i wasn't particular asking for the small tube between the two wire lugs. I was specifically asking if OEM straps for radiomirs come with tubes. i have 232 and I presume Rep factories use same wire lugs for both 45 and 47mm models, the spacing is larger between the two. this causes the straps to move around alot and i don't care for that. How do peoples solve this problem? or do they just live with it on radiomirs?

No, they don't come with tubes, as these tubes wouldn't fit over the connector of the wire lugs in the contemporary Radiomirs. But Rad straps are usually 27mm wide at the luig, tapering to 22/24mm at the buckle, rather than the 26/26 found on fiddys or 24/24 on Luminors. This extra width helps secure them at the lug.

thanks. OK, it does seem for atleast the JV straps I see on paneristi, that the openings are pretty confined (and kind of act like a tube), however there are some 3rd party straps that although maybe wide (27mm), have a large hole for the wire lugs.