When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 4B in the wild

Watchmeister

Took the 4B out for a swim today. Went with the classic Dirk Incursore leather strap rather than a mamby pamby rubber one. Real men don't puss out and swap out leather for rubber - at least not real men with OEM PVD coating. ;) This one has gen dial, hands, crystal and crown, jimmy case and cg with retrofitted lever, 6497-2 movement and of course the old school Dirk strap.

DSCN1628.jpg

DSCN1627.jpg

DSCN1625.jpg

DSCN1633.jpg

First you let this thing sit out on your driveway for 2 weeks before you even bother to pick it up, now this... :) this watch will last forever. I don't even wash my hands with mine on.. Maybe that's the secret :bounce: looks like u both had fun!

I would not encourage anyone to do this. This particular watch is largely Gen or OEM quality at all exterior points (crystal, case, crown, etc.) and assembled by Ziggy so it achieves a good seal. And I don't normally swim in leather straps but the Incursores are supposed to be water resistant so I couldn't resist trying it. I did rinse the strap in tap water after swimming to avoid that chlorine smell. I just figured I had to try old school but I don't recommend it for others. My normal swim watch is on a bracelet.

And Wolf-

My watch wasn't on the driveway. I don't have one. :lol:

Hi Warren, that looks just awesome. Was the PVD / DLC by The Zigmeister? I have a similar one to assemble just as soon as I can organise a slot with The Zigmeister, although mine will be a 9B - gen case & crystal, gen crown and CG, gen base L dial, 6497-2 movement and rep B series (EL) caseback.

This will probably be my last PAM rep, although I also have an unused JF caseset & CG, gen white base dial and CdG Swiss movement. Just too many watches and not enough funds.

Was the PVD / DLC by The Zigmeister? I have a similar one to assemble just as soon as I can organise a slot with The Zigmeister, although mine will be a 9B - gen case & crystal, gen crown and CG, gen base L dial, 6497-2 movement and rep B series (EL) caseback.

Yes Ziggy took care of everything. Your specs are very similar to mine. In fact better I think. :thumbsupsmileyanim: