When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the correct height of auto Pam bezel?

mene_menelaou

First off, when did you get that cartel auto? On the two cartel cases I have, the bezel does not have that high a drop.

Next, regarding DSN and his low-profile bezels, It is a P.I.A. to get them from him. He will say no problem, and quote you the price. But half the time he sends you a manual case bezel, and then when you tell him it is the wrong bezel, and send along a pic showing it not fitting his auto case, he will say sorry only bezel I have and usually not even offer a credit or exchange. Needless to say, it is quite frustrating :(

ONE VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: The DSN bezel will NOT fit onto most later Cartel cases, they use a completely F"d up type of case set.

Also, I believe not all bezels are the same, when it comes to gen PAMs. The older series auto case bezels don't look much like the later ones.

All that being said, a correct low-profile bezel from DSN, does look much better than the standard ones :), especially the Titanium ones.

Some examples of a transplanted bezel (all replaced with DSN low-profile ones):

lrg_PAM08615.jpg

lrg_IMG_0024.jpg

med_IMG_0003.jpg

rsz_IMG_0027_Medium-1.jpg

And for nostalgia, an old DSN 089 bezel. The cartel titanium cases had the same ones.:

Two089s025.jpg

NEWYORK-JUNE2010111.jpg

Mate, that looks like DSN case set on your picture. The bezel with the high base, the centered CG lever, the crown with over-beveled teeth and stumpy lugs shape all look more DSN than Cartel to me.

As Drulee mentioned above, getting parts from DSN to fit existing 'hardware' is a major hit-and-miss. His bezels definitely won't fit cartel cases, sorry.

Best to leave it as is, or get the whole new case set altogether (although very pricy) from him. The auto cases he uses on 27/28 PR models come with low bezel profile, very gen-like. There's a downside to that though...the lugs on those are stumpy and short, and there's a large cutout between the lugs.

Up to you bud, cheers!

b

I am sure that it's not DSN but not 100% sure that is cartel.

Maybe is from a PWC 088 I bought a couple of years ago to use for mods.

The CG is from Torobravo.

The case type fits bezel like the case in the piture below.

Do you know where I can find that type of bezel?

manualcase002.jpg