When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fun With Photoshop - For Displaying Watches

fotoman

So now that i have my quasi light box going and i'm taking some good photos of the collection. I have my new method of displaying the collection (thumbnail below) I wanted a way to distinguish the gens

For a while i kept searching for some sort of 100% gen stamp, like 100% USDA BEEF or something i could spoof.

I finally ended up playing with the rolex style wax impression.

So here is the graphic i started with - (google images makes life so much easier)

120539-21687.jpg

Next - I had to switch out swiss for gen -TOOK me forever to try to get that print matching up with what was there.- - and i had to copy and convert that stringy ropey stuff to make the one on the bottem longer

finally, prepare it for a black backround which is what i'm using in the watch photos

120539-21688.jpg

Then Realistically when it gets shrunk down to what you will actually see - it will look more like this

120539-21689.jpg

And here is a final version of what it will look like full size - click the thumbnail.

I haven't converted my collection yet, cause the main files are on my other computer

120539-21690.jpg

By the way, phoband reserves all copywrite protection under all law for this this fixed piece of artwork any use or rebroadcast of this item is prohibited by law without ththe express written consent of the NFL and NFL players association. :whistling:

hey nice job , im gonna get one of those light box on the bay !

makes a big differance in foto quality ! :victory:

yeah, Huge difference. If you don't want to wait - i built my own with wire hangers (made a cube) and cut up white tshirts for the diffusion. photo in the my collection thread linked in sig

Its not perfect - but just like reps - making it was half the fun :)

the lights you have to be careful with, i started with regular light bulbs - and the colors were screwy even with manual white balance.

I used halogens - bamb perfect color reproduction

yeah, Huge difference. If you don't want to wait - i built my own with wire hangers (made a cube) and cut up white tshirts for the diffusion. photo in the my collection thread linked in sig

Its not perfect - but just like reps - making it was half the fun :)

the lights you have to be careful with, i started with regular light bulbs - and the colors were screwy even with manual white balance.

I used halogens - bamb perfect color reproduction

hey good idea! ima go to home depot & grab me some halogens & try some of that fancy photo stuff ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanx for the idea ..