When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Last PAM standing.. PreA 009 pictorial

burnz

don't know what got over me recently, but i went on a bit of a watchbox-clearing spree and let go of a number of my rep PAMs to new homes.

201a, 202a, 002, 232, 010, 114, 199, 063... out the door!

but there was this one particular PAM which i couldn't bear to part with, and it's my PreA 009.

there's been a fair amount of work and effort put into it, so it's probably safe to say that this bad boy is a keeper.

- DSN case wth original PVD coating stripped, and redone at a factory that claims to be the coating service provider for Officine Panerai

- nicely aged PVD coating that's starting to wear along the edges. pretty gen-like i must say

- FGD 002/009 dial, with a matte coating applied

- AR removed from crystal

- T48 PVD crown

- CP flush and polished

- flush CG pin with PVD coating removed to show the steel finish underneath (this wear seems to be common amongst 009 gen pics i've seen)

only 1 more thing left to do, and that's to install FGD's set of PreA/PreV hands...

anyway, time to stop blabbering and show some pics!

DSC01992.jpg

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

Looks the business! Why did you sell all the other ones, I admired your base collection many times...Someone will be very lucky to have them.

frankly, i don't even know myself!

started with the sale of one to a friend who has been bugging me for it. that seem to have triggered a chain reaction and before i know, they were all gone!

didn't help that i splurged on a number of PAM and IWC gens in the past few months, and those have been hogging some major wrist-time.

anyway, i doubt it'd be long before my watchbox starts to fill up with other PAMs again.. already have my next project lined up :thumbsupsmileyanim:

frankly, i don't even know myself!

started with the sale of one to a friend who has been bugging me for it. that seem to have triggered a chain reaction and before i know, they were all gone!

didn't help that i splurged on a number of PAM and IWC gens in the past few months, and those have been hogging some major wrist-time.

anyway, i doubt it'd be long before my watchbox starts to fill up with other PAMs again.. already have my next project lined up :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And this time, I believe that one will be a keeper, no? :p

• 2 weeks later...

Love it and I see another fan like me of the non coated slightly recessed pin!

BA3D.jpg