When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sausage Dial Relume PAM050

asahi

It just dawned on me and I'm conflicted, hope you guys can chime in.

Example: Rep PAM050 C series

This mean the GEN came out in 2000. I'm sure when it came out it glowed like a torch. However its 10 years later wouldn't the lume not last as long as it did when new?

Would it look equivalent to rep lume or just slightly better?

As much as I love the bright lume, would it be "gen like" if I had it relumed? Wouldn't this be creating another "tell" just like the poor date font on the rep?

Do GEN owners actually have their watches relumed? I cant seem to find info on this topic.

Thanks guys :drinks:

ahh, I see. I so its the lume material. My friend has a 20 year old Rolex and a nice patina formed on the tritium lume so it doesnt glow as bright as it use to.

So a lume job is in order and a date font change (if I can find one). The watch is 2 years old and the A7750 has never been serviced. I've read on a posting that an auto PAM with the chrono disabled is more reliable. With that being said, should I have it serviced or can it go a few more years? The watch has hardly been worn maybe 20 times.

Would it be possible to fit a gen ETA 7750 in the rep pam050? I figure if overhauling the A7750 is going to cost about half that of a gen eta 7750 that I might as well go for broke and have a modder swap one in. :thumbsupsmileyanim: