When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Vintage Genuine Omega - its been in the box too long - Pictures Galore!

Mapman57

I expect that many of us have some pieces that do not see enough airtime on the wrist? This has been a long term keeper but sees little daylight. For its vintage its in great condition and holds a good wrist presence. Its been a business and dress watch for some years.

This is my vintage Omega automatic. The Omega movement serial number dates it to around 1969, which seems correct for the style, 36mm case set and 163.0173 case back.

SDC12506.jpg

I replaced the totally knackered bracelet two/three years ago, with this OEM 1181/215 hollow mid links, oyster style model. It was really hard to locate a suitable OEM band at that time after almost 40 years. I am not 100% sure, but it may well have been through Offrei - I do remember it being very expensive at the time! :whistling:

SDC12499.jpg

SDC12491.jpg

I particularly like the long elegant seconds hand on this piece, the sweep is by far the best in my box, compared to new and old, rep and gen, Asian and Swiss movements. Notice the Omega logo on the crystal in the next shot????

SDC12495.jpg

SDC12496.jpg

SDC12497.jpg

Nice to see the Omega logo etched into the centre of the original crystal that is relatively scratch free for over 40 years of age.....

SDC12494.jpg

The Geneve range is often under estimated when compared to the Seamaster range but essentially the movements were from the same family.....

Update: Now been wearing this these past few days and the timekeeping has been spot on and remarkably, the lume dots are holding a little charge and glow for a short while at least on the bedside cabinet :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hope you enjoy some more pictures....

SDC12492.jpg

SDC12490.jpg

SDC12499.jpg

SDC12504.jpg

SDC12500.jpg

SDC12501.jpg

Look forward to any comments and questions....:munch: