When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 187 - Different Dial And Index Colours?

seanschris

Do the most recent 187s come in different dial colours and index colours? And if so, why is that? Different producers?

I have seen: dark black and anthracit/dark grey dials; hardly visible and clearly visible 1000m signature; greyish indexes and tritiumlike yellow/greenish indexes. All in one delivery.

:blink: Where you have seen those 187?

Same.

Well if you dont have 3-4 watches at the same time to compare them you will never know..

Probably there are more than one manufacturers but it is very strange that the same dealer gets his stock from different ones :g:

Can you post photos?

To the best of my knowledge there are 2 versions. The first one was way overpriced but did have better He valve, screwed in bezel markers, proper AR coat on the crystal, better date font, crisper dial but crappy older Asian 7750 movement. The subsequent version was more appropriately priced with the more updated movement but does have a different dial. It isn't drastically different but the overall dial coloring is a little different (and the AR coat will impact the coloring as well) and the shading on the blue letters is different. I was never clear whether both versions came from the same factory and the later version was just built a little more cost effectively for a lower price point or whether it was produced at the other principal high end PAM rep factory. If you are looking at more than two different dial versions I would guess it relates to different runs by the same factory. :)

I have 2 of those 187 ....the 2nd generation.....and some days ago I realised that the greenish numbers and indizees start to darken, they loose their color, very weird. It seems just like those original Pre-Vendomes with the bad varnish on the dial.

I had the watch for 4 weeks in the sun, some days in bright sunlight at the seaside.

I am not really sure if I like it or not.

Theo