When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here is the old Eddie Lee Pam111. What mods are needed to make it peferct?

dvn

Here i have one of Eddie Lee first pam111 project which i gave to my dad a few years ago after joined the forum. Correct me if i am wrong but i think is watch a about 3 years old. I would like to make as perfect as posible beside relume the dial and hands what others mods required can the expert chime in?

thanks

EddiePam111_5.jpg

EddiePam111_4.jpg

EddiePam111_3.jpg

EddiePam111_2.jpg

EddiePam111_1.jpg

This is a sausage dial 111 with what looks like a checkered vanilla ETA6497 with stick-on foil plates to simulate OPII movement. Old EL sausage dials are great, not without their shortcomings but overall the best marina L SWISS L sausage dial made. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make this a proper 111 unless you are prepared to drop in a gen movement because the rep movement will be the biggest tell.

My mod list would go like this:

Ditch the EL display caseback

Source a 'B' series matriculation Bxx00/3000 old school solid caseback (will turn the watch into a PAM00001 'B')

Ditch the EL Crown

Add a Palp version B crown

Add a relume of the dial and hands, Zigg-y, Goin, Domi or Hijack can all do this

Have the lever/pin fix done on the CG

Strip double A/R from the crystal

Install an H3 high cannon pinion, polish the cap

Mill the handposts install minute hand flush with pinion cap

Angus sells the old school 1B caseback's again. The movement is correct for a B caseback

I would ad a new spring loaded t crown instead of palp crown

I should not relume it, as it know is nice wide and flat. Only the gen color is more white.

If you want to sell it let me know

Here is a pic of mine (unmodded) next to my gen 111F:

img28651024x768.jpg

img28661024x768.jpg

img28671024x768.jpg

img28681024x768.jpg

img28701024x768.jpg

img28721024x768.jpg

Veyron,

Angus has the B1176 caseback again, when did you check with him?

Re: T48 spring loaded crown, this is of course just my opinion and in no way reflection on T's superb work. I think SL-T48 crown in case of manual wind models is better suited for the latest cartel caseset/crownguard combo. If you read Babola's review, that's the case he's using with it to test. That caseset comes with a crownguard that has deeper than normal crown cutout and a short lever stub. As a result of this the stock rep crown appears to sit too far from the case exposing the tube, though the rep crown is also shallow. That case is perfect for the shallow dish SL-T48.

However, what DVN has is a very good EL/old cartel crownguard with proper crown cutout proportions and a long lever stub similar to a gen CG so if he goes with a SL-48 he will have to mill the stub down. As a result of this the crownguard will not work with any other crown in the future should he wish to swap for a Gen crown or a 2nd generation spring-loaded T48 with deep dish due to come in November. Hence my recommendation was for the Palp B version crown which is a deep dish 1.2mm tap, very similar to the classic non-spring loaded T48 that's unfortunately not available anymore.

Here is my EL 111F with the following mods:

- DSN 1st gen. Swiss 6497

- High CP

- AR stripped

- Dial, hands relumed

- Angus utlimate E crown (Not in picture but recently further upgraded to a Palp/Marcus crown)

Have a gen E series display CB in hand but not yet installed...Not sure if a B series CB would be appropriate for this watch as suggested by W0lf...?

DSC08211.jpg

DSC08212.jpg

DSC08217.jpg

DSC08222.jpg

DSC08226.jpg

DSC08227.jpg

I see, I got my new T today so I hope it will fir nice

Yes I ordered 2 of them, when I got them in I will let you guys know and post some pics. Maybe it's an other model but I think it's the same, as Angus knows the ones he sold where are the one's I asked for. He only askes 25usd for them, so way cheaper than a new movement or a Jacob caseback