When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Mercedes-benz Slr Chrono

docblackrock

Quartz reps are often very cool. The only one thing that bothers me with them is the wandering, useless 24h subregister. I wish the rep factories could freeze that by default, use the original subdial markings and the watch would have much more accurate look.

Same problem with my Ebel quartz.

Even though genuines might have the AUTOMATIC markings on the dial the rep factories should refrain from printing it on the quartz reps. Doesn't go well with those ticking stopwatches.

Otherwise this is a damn fine looking piece. I actually considered it too at some point. I wouldn't mind getting the Formula-1 and Indy quartz reps, either.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by By-Tor

Quartz reps are often very cool. The only one thing that bothers me with them is the wandering, useless 24h subregister. I wish the rep factories could freeze that by default, use the original subdial markings and the watch would have much more accurate look.

Same problem with my Ebel quartz.

Even though genuines might have the AUTOMATIC markings on the dial the rep factories should refrain from printing it on the quartz reps. Doesn't go well with those ticking stopwatches.

Otherwise this is a damn fine looking piece. I actually considered it too at some point. I wouldn't mind getting the Formula-1 and Indy quartz reps, either.

Thanks for sharing!

Sorry but who said anything about QUARTZ??? :unsure::lol:

Actually the 'AUTOMATIC' dial marking is accurate in this case ;):whistling:

Actually, the Quartz version have good marking.

It use the 60 minutes chrono Miyota OS20 movement, with second at 6, minutes at 9 and 24 hours at 3. All sub dial are correctly marked.

It's not accurate vs the gen, but at least you don't have ticking second on a sub-dial with 24 marking or 1/10th like some quartz rep.

Edited by vric

:wub::wub::wub:

Nice gen. docblackrock :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Love this piece, excellent finish and build quality, had one in my hands last month and was very very tempted to pull out my CC.

If you ever think of selling... let me know, there are hard to get in NL

Actually there's another one in the window of my local AD if you're seriously interested ;)

Just out of interest, what made you 'call me out' on it being gen? :lol::whistling:

Damn, you fooled me at first sight. :black_eye:

I didn't look at the subdials and was focussed on the black datewheel, since I haven't found a nice SLR with black datwheel I assumed it was real.

After having a second and third look, the subdials are wrong plaus the pushers and crown are off.

122392-21265.jpg

nevertheless, the dial, except for the indices, looks spot on.

Where dit you get it .?

Actually there's another one in the window of my local AD if you're seriously interested ;)

Just out of interest, what made you 'call me out' on it being gen? :lol::whistling:

Damn, you fooled me at first sight. :black_eye:

I didn't look at the subdials and was focussed on the black datewheel, since I haven't found a nice SLR with black datwheel I assumed it was real.

After having a second and third look, the subdials are wrong plaus the pushers and crown are off.

nevertheless, the dial, except for the indices, looks spot on.

Where dit you get it .?

:lol::p yes, that black datewheel (almost flush with dial too ^_^ ) does have a mesmerising effect - the WIS eye goes straight to it and neglects the other very obvious flaws, like the missing 9 o'clock crown (:blink:), and the subdial indices. Still a case swap with a quartz (same 12mm thickness strangely) would fix the missing crown issue, if I can be bothered. I guess the old adage also rings true in that presentation is everything - I have the car to match (not a rep by the way :D )

Having had the gen on my wrist for a week's approval, I can tell you the only other slight difference is the rep has a slightly smaller case than the gen - similar difference with Subs (<5%?), barely noticeable and only when side-by-side.

As for where I got it from, suffice to say it's an 'off menu' item from one of our most trusted dealers ;)