When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

LV in need of repair.

L8terz

Hello all. I posted this in the " Other watches section " had 27 views but didn't get any help. So I'm going to try posting it here.

I have a rep LV In need of repair. I clipped the watch on a wall and the winding crown broke off along with the week hand. Would there happen to be a set of steady and experienced hands out there to help ? post-29830-037955000 1281408017.jpg

It's like 8 years old and I haven't opened it up to check. I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has. It's literally been through a couple of wars.

Thanks for the advice. Noob question , but how can you tell the difference between Asian & Swiss ? Markings ? Materials ?

Yes, it's a cheap Asian movement. Most of these movements perform pretty well. But if they break you're usually better off replacing the entire movent as parts are hard to source and a whole movement is mostely around $10~20 bucks.

Do a search on ETA movement or visit our dealer section and look up some movement shots. Stay long enough with us, read, read and read some more. educate yourself and eventually you will also see in a blink what's Asian and what's not ;)

Happy reading.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. I guess I'm going to try and find a movement now. This watch was my very first rep 8 years ago. Its been to Afhganistan twice , Korea , UAE , Iraq twice , Saudi Arabia and Africa. Its kind of sentimental and has never failed me.

Would there happen to be a couple of tinkerers here ? I don't mind paying an experienced person to fix this for me.