When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 1:1 case set questions

Jakob

Hi Guys

I have a few questions for the experts:

1. Any one know if pre-v cases differ from the contemporary base cases, in terms of anything else than lug shape?

2. any one know if any modification will be needed to the interior design of the case to make FGD dials etc. fit.

3. Has anyone got any ideal where to get crystals made? Will any standard ones fit a gen PAM base case set?

I'm currently looking for these parts:

GEN Pre-v case set, loose parts etc.

GEN Base case set, loose parts etc.

GEN case backs, manual, auto, submersible, radiomir, 47mm etc.

Best, Jakob

Hi Guys

I have a few questions for the experts:

1. Any one know if pre-v cases differ from the contemporary base cases, in terms of anything else than lug shape?

2. any one know if any modification will be needed to the interior design of the case to make FGD dials etc. fit.

3. Has anyone got any ideal where to get crystals made? Will any standard ones fit a gen PAM base case set?

I'm currently looking for these parts:

GEN Pre-v case set, loose parts etc.

GEN Base case set, loose parts etc.

GEN case backs, manual, auto, submersible, radiomir, 47mm etc.

Best, Jakob

Jakob

Hi I am sure others will chime in but yes there are differences to cases from PreV to Pre A to A onwards indeed even A on has slight variants in close scrutiny.

Main differences in respect of above is the bezel, corner slopes and edges and thickness these are different.

Not sure what you mean on the FGD dials fitting mate, fitting what case?

Crystals on 44s are 35.5 generally and good versions should fit gen cases but issues arise from the thickness and height above the bezel. You can get them made in minimum quantities at various makers. Or go for a good rep, EL, JF etc from one of the members. Of course the way the shape of the crystal also effects the gen look in terms of the distortion at angles and the concaving to the centre. Or get a gen one they are quite easy to get either new or used, prices range from $200 to $500.

As Pete said above, it's mainly lugs and bezel that are slightly different between the series. Changes from series to series with regards other case bits are so hard to spot by the naked eye, they're negligible.

As far as the FGD dials are concerned and their fit, it pretty much depends on what do you use as a base (carrier for the top dial). If you use a base of the sandwich dial, it should fit just fine, if you use sausage dial it may end up being slightly thicker. If the latter is the case, I'd advise you 'shave' off some of the sausage dial thickness before you attach FGD dial on top of it to maintain the correct thickness of the finished dial.

cheers,

b