When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: The new V5 Ultimate Ceramic Bode Bang!

kimerathon1

Well,the moment you guys have been waiting for, sorry I said lastnight, but the pictures are too big, and it was taking forever to upload them, so left them uploading and here we are :D

Ok, first of all:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Look at this Baby:

Drumrolll.....

DSCN0939.jpg

As you can see, an awesome representation of the sand blasted Ceramic, so far, no factory was able to replicate this in a regular 44.5mm Big Bang, we all know the V4 factory made the king power in matte sand Blasted Ceramic and the quality of this watch is very, but very good!!!!

When I say better than V1, I really mean it, the feel of the watch is just like the V1, but with a better DW, and a better movement, and the same or better attention to detail, it is kind of hard to compare since this model was only available from the V2 factory that always has at the most 60% accuracy on their reps!

Let's Break it down

1. Datewheel:

Look at the DW font, a vast improvement:

DSCN0899.jpg

2. The AR:

Same as the V1, great and amazing true to gen double AR, almost transparent in some angles, but with a little blue hue, really amazing and not as cheap as the V2, but as good as the V1!

DSCN0902.jpg

3. The Crystal:

A little disappointment here, the crystal has the same profile as the V1, which is flush to the case, but not a bad flaw, since this is just something we geeks look after, here is a picture of the profile:

DSCN0908.jpg

4. Crown:

Wow, the most accurate crown I have seen on a rep, look at the rubber and the engraving (if that is how you call it) of the H, it looks amazingly accurate, and the attention to the pushers and the H is amazing.

DSCN0914.jpg

DSCN0936.jpg

Plus, they are perfectly glued :lol: :lol: :lol:;)

5. The Strap and Clasp:

They are very similar to the V1, again this is a strap that is different, feels stiff like the V1's, but has the vanilla smell like the V2's, however, an improvement has been made, Silver screws on the clasp!!!!!

This is something that takes away the modding of these screws!!!

DSCN0895.jpg

6. The movement:

The great news is this is High Beat 28.8k, while improved with silver screws and correct bearing there are still your typical flaws:

Missing Microregulator (now these claim to have the new movement, which per gen they don't have a microregulator, however, the bridges should be modified with a different shape if they want to mimic this movement)

Incorrectly placed H, it should be centered and not to the side (easy fix)

The center screw of the rotor should be Silver as well, but hey less modding to do than the V1!

DSCN0896.jpg

DSCN0934.jpg

7. The Caseback:

The caseback is real ceramic, "believe me, I tested it", however, it should read limited edition of 250 pieces for this model, however, don't be discouraged, since it can barely be seen, and the AB2 is 500 and should use the same caseback, the serial number should be just a single line 6xxxx number, and not the 309, but again this is barely visible. In general, awesome improvement on the fonts and great looking limited edition numbers ( a little small, but great looking)

DSCN0892.jpg

8. In conclusion

This is an awesome watch with virtually very little flaws to worry about, I would highly recommend this and since there is only 250 out there in the world, the chances of being called out are very slim, I think if I see one, it would be this rep!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I should point out a 2 flaws with this watch, and probably one:

1. The signature on the crystal:

Hublot Switzerland, claims this watch has the signature on the dial, and not on the crystal, the official press release mentions signature on the dial, however in Hublot's website, it looks like it is on the crystal, so maybe some have the signature on the crystal, or maybe the prototype has the signature on the dial, will have to see a gen in the flesh to confirm this!!!, but really no big deal, you can't even see the signature in the first place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. The color of the hands:

They should be matte black like the numbers, however, they are matte gray, which is incorrect, but you would have to look at close inspection to notice it.

DSCN0899.jpg

So in reality, this watch has blown me away in quality and know that this factory is going way beyond the regular QC and attention to detail with these watches, an awesome rep, and by far the most promising factory of them all!!!!

And to conclude, some more eye candy for ya!!!!!

DSCN0888.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Edited by kimerathon1

Nice. But isn't there a little problem with 1 and 2 in 12 hour marker? Looks like 2 is a little lower than 1. QC?

+ 1 -> To me the 8, 10 and 12 looks odd. I dont know if the gen is the same because I have never seen the gen. But if its the same on the gen thats just plain poor design.

@ Kimerathon -> Are you on Jos payroll or something? You seem to be promoting this like crazy with qc this an that.... :pardon::drinks:

Jajajajajaja, does it really sound like that, no, I am excited I helped with the creation of this watch!!!!

And was so excited we never looked at this detail on the dial, we just looked in the pictures that it was functioning well, keeping good time, the screws were tight, it had a WR test done, and never looked at the dial so closely, now we laugh at it, and Josh took care of having this corrected already, so you should not receive a watch like this one, order away!!!

And this just means the next to come will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously guys, the finish on this makes me cry, finally I hold a HBB and feel that is Gen, it feel really tight, I know that sounds funny, but it look tighter, like it can withstand anything! AJAJAJAJA