When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111H

kuli

Hello everyone.

I would first like to thank the great people on this site. Wow is all I can say!

This is an eye opening experience for me and its just because of the nice people that are willing to share info and time. Since joining I have pulled the trigger on three superb reps: Montblanc timewalker, Baume and mercier riviera and Cartier ballon de bleu and they've been great buys so far. A friend of mine that purchased a gen montblanc sport chrono is banging his head on the wall for spending $3K on a gen watch that only has 13 hours of power reserve and the AD is giving him an ETA of 8 weeks to have it fixed. Talk about a 'great' service.

Now to the topic at hand. I have read through almost all the brand forums and Panerai is still the one that baffles me the most! The watches looks so simple but the features that you guys discuss is confusing as hell! From canon pinion to engraved bridges to CG to crown etc etc Damn complicated stuff :rofl:

Anyways I would like to pull the trigger on my first PAM and I have narrowed it down to a PAM111H, all I need is just advise on which is better out of the box. I wouldn't be doing any modding apart from changing the awful rep strap as I am not to bothered with little details but I still like a good looking watch with minor issues. So help me in selecting the better of the two options below:

ULTIMATE VERSION PAM 111H from trevortime

http://www.trevortime.info/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2037

Or

Cheaper offering from Sead

pam 111h

sapphire crystal

regular cartel dial with superlume

tall cp

asian 6497 movement

mycrown and cg

240 shipped

Thanks

I love Bob straps, they strat off a bit hard to break in but are very good quality and very hard wearing

Saw the buffalo one on ebay and I fell in love. I researched better offerings but I want to start out with on affordable route. This looks like a good hobby after getting out of collecting fragrances :D , already purchased strap changing tool to avoid scratches on my watches and I am contemplating learning how to mod if the Mrs allows.