When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Big Pilot - Swiss movement franken

prado

Hi,

I love the big pilot, in fact I have now gone through 2 bought from joshua - the problem I have is with the movement. The movement in the Asian replica is ok at best but after a few months of use / winding maybe one a twice a week, the crown seems to wear out and no longer winds properly and starts skipping gears, and does not lock back into place. Is there some alternate movement or ( maybe another crown , I dont know which is the problem movement or crown ) that is more reliable. Since the power reserve is fixed, a simple Swiss movement with date should suffice I would assume, can anyone suggest how to resolve this issue?

Thanks guyz

Best

I suspect it is not so simple- read as impossible. Even though you could ignore the Power Reserve function, make a custom movement ring and simply be working with a date only watch your problems will still be spacing between center pinion and the date window, custom making a date wheel for the date at 6 and finally finding a correct thickness movement that allows correct alignment of the crown height with the case tube while leaving the dial at the correct height. Just go buy another rep and get the movement serviced.

Thanks guys for the prompt response,

Would servicing the watch correct these problems? Can I just buy another movement from Josh and have it serviced? will this help fix the problem I have with the winding / crown locking? If so where can I get it serviced?

Thanks so much for your help.

Best Regards,

I suspect it is not so simple- read as impossible. Even though you could ignore the Power Reserve function, make a custom movement ring and simply be working with a date only watch your problems will still be spacing between center pinion and the date window, custom making a date wheel for the date at 6 and finally finding a correct thickness movement that allows correct alignment of the crown height with the case tube while leaving the dial at the correct height. Just go buy another rep and get the movement serviced.