When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Ferrari Exhibition At Tourneau

Watchmeister

Walking back from a meeting on Friday and lo and behold the Tourneau on 57th Street has a special exhibition of all the new Ferrari watches in their "exhibition hall" (read as blackened basement). A couple are really handsome but what was very interesting was the finish on the cases. PAM has gone to some trouble to mix brushed with polished on the case lines and corners. It looks very nice and will give anyone who wants a 1:1 a lot of heart ache. The funny thing is that in spite of the exhibition they had no more than 6-8 PAM's for sale. Other encouraging developments include the current building of a Muller store immediately next to the AP store. And for you bling bling folks Jacob's new fancy store is two doors down. So now if you have an hour and are in mid town New York you can visit dedicated stores for AP, Breguet, Chopard, Jacob and Muller as well as Wempe (who always have unique editions from the major watch companies) and multiple Tourneau stores. Cellini also has a fabulous stock of your average $200,000 watches. So next time you are in New York save an hour to satisfy that horological urge.:)

Sounds good. The last time we visited Manhattan, 3 years ago, I visited Tourneau.

I remember the displayed watches were really dirty, full of fingerprints, and the case backs were sticky from the price decals melting in the glare of the display lighting, blech.

There were a bunch of disinterested salespeople standing around, not seeming to eager to show me stuff. The place looked really sad.