When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell and Ross BR01-92

spineguy

I have decided to go with the simple 92 rather than the busy 94. Checked with joshua and he said the 92's are very hard to get accurate. any thoughts on where i can find a black/black face with white numbers?

looking for a asap purchase.

quality is important as joshua's 94 he said is very accurate and is approx 350 us.

thanks!

David in Fort Wayne, IN USA

Edited by spineguy

I just been looking at these too mate.

I originally wanted the 94 but these were far too inaccurate for my liking most notably the sunken DW.

I therefore looked at the 92s, I really wanted a PVD with coloured numerals but again the accuarcy of the lume etc was off and so could the PVD finish as the B&R is very unique in look to the majority of reps.

I decided on an SS case and white dial with black numerals. However if you want the black case and dial with white markers. You need to consider the following

Lume is inaccurate will need to be redone

The rep AR even the better versions will show a blue hue against the black dial, the gen has a single sided clear hue AR (hence why I went with white dial though with PVD case this isnt accurate) So you need to think about getting the AR redone with a clear hue. I remved one side of the AR and its very gen like.

The PVD case needs to be the better version.

Hands are off, size and shape (but you need to hold them together to really see)

Overalll you need to get the versions from the one factory that produces the gen size case and with the hex screws in the case back on most reps these are only laser etched on. You can get these with a 2892 or 2836 movement the gen of course has the ETA 2892 (92) I preferrred the 2836 rep version as the sweep was better on this asian version movement and closer to gen than the asian 2892.

I got mine from Andrew as his version was cheaper than Josh, I couldnt find any of these better versions from any one else or when I questioned them they didnt give me confidence I would get the version I wanted.

I just needed to repolish the case and screws plus remove the AR and I had a very accurate rep.

If I could find an AR like Chiefs I would get a black dial version but at the moment I know of no AR out there that has a clear AR other than chiefs. But if anyone is selling one please let me know ;)

I appreciate the response. I've certainly got the bug and want to make a purchase in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Any thoughts on where is going with ss and black face with either white or orange markings? I have seen some pics of that combo and looks nice.

I don't mind spending some money on this purchase though as I don't have a b and r yet

David

I appreciate the response. I've certainly got the bug and want to make a purchase in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Any thoughts on where is going with ss and black face with either white or orange markings? I have seen some pics of that combo and looks nice.

I don't mind spending some money on this purchase though as I don't have a b and r yet

David

Just go to Andrew or Josh mate. But get the 1:1 case with hex bolts with either 2892 or 2836

• 2 months later...

this is perhaps a silly question: how do you remove the AR ?

Cyril

There are a lot of ways mate.

You can use a dremel and rouge, some guys use a Cape Cod, or SS polish and micro fibre cloth, or some use Acetone.

The AR on these are very soft so you shouldnt have too much trouble with any of these options :thumbsupsmileyanim: