When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some help on the IWC Top Gun

Craig S

Hi everybody,

I'm thinking about buying the IWC Top Gun rep (tried a gen on yesterday and i love it!), and have done quite a lot of digging around on here as I know very little about IWC reps (im more of an omega and Rolex freak :) ). Seems to be quite a variance in opinion at to which version is the best. I have even saw a couple of posts mentioning a V3? Anyhoo, I'm now a little confused, haha.

Would be really grateful if you guys could give me a bit condensed advice as to which version to go for? Also the availability of parts for frankens, like dial and hands? I think I would be looking to get a Swiss ETA version if this watch if the quality and the likeness rep warrants it.

Cheers all!

C

To my knowledge V2 is the best you can get. Trusty offers it with swiss movment for about $ 800. Be aware of the 42mm (incorrect) version, you probably want the accurate 44mm. Also the V2 has a much better kevlar strap. Gen parts you can get from Domi,he did my 3717. Also, you might want to consider an aftermarket AR-treatment or an aftermarket crystal with AR.