When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Bentley Gt Problems

Jonny P

Hello all,

I'm very new here. I'm having some problems with a Breitling Bentley GT that I bought. It's from Ruby (I don't know if you know her or not).

I have 2 issues.

1. Once I unscrew the pins, I can't get the pins out to take out the links. It seems to be locked or something but I don't know what to do.

2. The bezel has come loose and spins very easily. There are 4 tiny tiny screws around the bezel and I don't know if they have anything to do with it.

Any feedback would be great. I have attached a picture of the watch below.

Thanks so much!

Jon

untitled.bmp

the pins are attached to the links. just pull them apart once unscrewed. the bezel can be tightened with the set screws.

Hello all,

I'm very new here. I'm having some problems with a Breitling Bentley GT that I bought. It's from Ruby (I don't know if you know her or not).

I have 2 issues.

1. Once I unscrew the pins, I can't get the pins out to take out the links. It seems to be locked or something but I don't know what to do.

2. The bezel has come loose and spins very easily. There are 4 tiny tiny screws around the bezel and I don't know if they have anything to do with it.

Any feedback would be great. I have attached a picture of the watch below.

Thanks so much!

Jon

the pins are attached to the links. just pull them apart once unscrewed. the bezel can be tightened with the set screws.

Great!! Thanks so much!!

About the bezel. One side seems to be tight (flush to the watch) the other side, there is a space between the watch and the bezel which makes me think something is wrong. Do I need to buy a tiny tiny screwdrive and unscrew them? Then rescrew them? What happens if I do that?

Great!! Thanks so much!!

About the bezel. One side seems to be tight (flush to the watch) the other side, there is a space between the watch and the bezel which makes me think something is wrong. Do I need to buy a tiny tiny screwdrive and unscrew them? Then rescrew them? What happens if I do that?

mine has the same problem. I was NOT able to unscrew the tiny screws. They were stuck in there pretty much permanently.

I took the movement out and tried to figure out a way to tighten down the bezel, but didn't have time to figure it out.

Anyone have any experience with this? Are all GT's experiencing the loose bezel problem?

Z

mine has the same problem. I was NOT able to unscrew the tiny screws. They were stuck in there pretty much permanently.

I took the movement out and tried to figure out a way to tighten down the bezel, but didn't have time to figure it out.

Anyone have any experience with this? Are all GT's experiencing the loose bezel problem?

Z

Where did you get your GT? Have you pics?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Z

to tighten the bezel, you must first remove the movement

pop the crystal out

then remove the center bezel

remove the tachymeter ring.

under here you will see three screws that hold on the bezel (maybe two, i cant remember it's been awhile). unscrew these and remove the bezel holder ring. clean these parts and the case surface where the bezel rotates very good. apply light silicone grease on the holder and bezel. reassemble the bezel holder and tighten the screws a little at a time untill it turns with the correct feel.

reinstall the tachymeter ring, crystal, and inner bezel insert, replace the movement into the case and you have a perfect bezel. :thumbsupsmileyanim: