When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Accidental Fantasy Franken

chad

I decided to swap my slightly scuffed gen dial and new gen hands I just received in the mail into my panda with killed 6 and chief AR.

I do not have the tools to do repairs yet..... (been thinking about learning for years)

So i had a recommendation here on 47th St in NYC that I had fix a stem on a sinn and did ok work.

I needed my aquatimer date wheel reset so I figured I would test them with this repair.

The gen hands did not fit, i should have checked but I remember a time when you bought gen parts from people and they let you know what as what with compatibility. Oh well, my fault.

So I am left with a silver handed blue dial. I am kinda liking it. I can never tell in person with various reflections which gen is which so getting called it is not likely.

The dial also looks just fine with the naked eye which I am pleased with. The rep dial does have a funny lacquer on it after seeing this one in.

What do you guys think? Leave it?

The bad part of the story is even with a warning the guys at the shop scratched the ar coating badly. It is not visible to the naked eye and only under a loupe but still it is such a shame that no one takes price in there work anymore here in NYC.

Never take for granted the people who do good work here.

post-626-032198700 1286372322.jpg

Guest jsuperman17

Dude I know the feeling I'm in The ny area and know what crap work threyve done to me watches!!! I do have another watchesmith in mind and will let everyone know if they do good work...