When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Day Tate TI

dmacnz

Hi,

Just had 2x Day dates arrive in the post from MR. I got one TI and a Singapore special ed.

Find attached below photos of the Ti, Very happy with the rep. Seems very accurate. Only difference I can find (surprisingly took a while) is the colour of the second hand! Even know the strap is not very similar I like the strap on the rep alot!

Dan

post-30759-031502700 1287032409.jpg

post-30759-085084600 1287032479.png

• 3 weeks later...

Damn! I've looked at these for sometime now. Was originally attracted to the standard day/date, but love the look of the special editions. And you went and ordered both, you lucky dog!

Can you give us more feedback on the two?

I love the titanium version, but was doubtful they could match the TI feel & finish. What do you think? How does the carbon-fibre face display? There's just so much cool stuff on the watch, I was skeptical they could pull it off.

It also looks like the TI has a smaller form factor on the wrist than the standard day/date.

What do you think about the Singapore? I remember seeing a rep with a green inner strap, but you strip appears black.

Sorry to inundate you with questions, but as you can tell I've been excited about these watches but hesitant because of the lack of reviews/experience I find. :drinks:

Thanks,

Z

• 3 weeks later...

Have this Ti day/date incoming, but what I think with updated chrono-secondhand.

Whee you've got the ss version, looks good even though it's not very accurate to gen

Yes that's correct. The steel bracelet makes it inaccurate, because the genuine comes in the CF strap.

At the time I was looking, I only saw the leather strap with red stitching, which in my opinion looked horrible.

I know what the genuine looks like, it's actually leather made to look like carbon fiber. I'm not sure what these newer replicas are made of, but I'm assuming it's not leather for that CF strap. It looks, however, a lot closer to the genuine, but I also like the look of the SS bracelet because it gives it a more elegant look. I suppose you could say that it's like a fantasy watch.

Yes that's correct. The steel bracelet makes it inaccurate, because the genuine comes in the CF strap.

At the time I was looking, I only saw the leather strap with red stitching, which in my opinion looked horrible.

I know what the genuine looks like, it's actually leather made to look like carbon fiber. I'm not sure what these newer replicas are made of, but I'm assuming it's not leather for that CF strap. It looks, however, a lot closer to the genuine, but I also like the look of the SS bracelet because it gives it a more elegant look. I suppose you could say that it's like a fantasy watch.

I wasn't refering to the bracelet. The gen is leather looking carbonfibre.

Was refering to the case wich is in gen full Ti, yours is in polished SS.

Was wearing the exact watch you've got, loved it, but now has the one in brushed Ti instead.