When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger Review of Versions V1 V2 V3

Defender110

ok i am starting to get a little confused so this thread will clear everything up in regard to this watch that is very popular to frankenize.

V1 Version 1 V1 -old skool case that had a plastic movement ring, NO AR, and no caseback serial numbers, also had hands that were too small(lifted from the standard avenger rep) however it ACCEPTED a gen bezel 1:1 with no mods. the bezel was press fit and took some fiddling to get off but once off you could mount a gen bezel IF and only IF you had a gen retaining ring.

V2 Version 2 -so called 1:1 case with genuine style AR and real metal movement ring. to mount a gen bezel takes time, patience and will and you still might frig your case and it might be 1mm too big/loose. reps were made with arabics dial big wings and correct hand lenths.

V3 Version 3 -made with STICKS dial and then also with 'Tactical Arabics' dial, also the bezel is better than the V2 (sometimes) but the crystal and bezel assembly is Worse then the V2 because the crystal is thinner and mounted in conjunction with the bezel causing some to question its water resistance.

also i have seen some question the CROWN threads... which version is more likely to strip the crown threads? and i have left off the Blacksteel Version as i have NO experience with these so please post if you know if the blacksteel is V2/V3 totally diff or both.

is this correct? and please feel free to add any comments as this watch is very popular to franken.

V1

gen 7750

gen hands

gen bezel

CT AR

post-1967-095896700 1287695890.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...