When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Servicing and modding

naeems

Hi all,

I am trying to judge whether its a good idea and cost-effective to upgrade my UPO with gen:

Dial

Hands

Crystal

Bezel Insert

Crown and Tube

I want to know how much the installation of these parts will cost? Could I take it to a watchsmith

and get my movement serviced as well as these gen parts fitted for the cost of the service itself (£50?)

Can anyone estimate how much it will cost?

Dude, as jkay mentioned elsewhere, i think your expectations are a little higher than they should be.

No, a watchsmith wont install the parts as part of the service. This would incur extra labor costs.

And a proper service should cost more than 50 quid anyway, I would be very surprised if you're getting full tear down service for 50.

Dude, as jkay mentioned elsewhere, i think your expectations are a little higher than they should be.

No, a watchsmith wont install the parts as part of the service. This would incur extra labor costs.

And a proper service should cost more than 50 quid anyway, I would be very surprised if you're getting full tear down service for 50.

I decided I just want an AR job (chief or something) and want the hands, dial and pearl relumed (with superluminova?) I think the watch will look 99% gen after these mods and its much cheaper than buying gen parts.

The lume effect is a big feature of this watch which cannot be missed out on! What you think?

I decided I just want an AR job (chief or something) and want the hands, dial and pearl relumed (with superluminova?) I think the watch will look 99% gen after these mods and its much cheaper than buying gen parts.

The lume effect is a big feature of this watch which cannot be missed out on! What you think?

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

All i did to mine was have Zig service and relume the dial and pearl (he also kindly straightened the bezel for me).

Good enough for me! (and I own gen Omega to compare)

:)

Where's Zig based and how much did it cost? :) Thanks for your help!

Since your other post asked for "cheap lume" and in the UK, I can't help you with either of those requests.

"Cheap" and quality watch work, be it lume, servicing, whatever, don't go together.

If you're price shopping, you will get exactly what you pay for...

Since your other post asked for "cheap lume" and in the UK, I can't help you with either of those requests.

"Cheap" and quality watch work, be it lume, servicing, whatever, don't go together.

If you're price shopping, you will get exactly what you pay for...

I understand.. :)

Are you based in the UK?

• 1 year later...