When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mystery Fiddy...What am I?

DuDro

Hey there PAM experts!

I need some help in identifying this PAM 127 "Fiddy"...

5154807331_408763c1cf_b.jpg

5155413044_73611ef74c_b.jpg

5154806375_bb3155fa87_b.jpg

5155414286_2509b3995f_b.jpg

5155414574_9008a8f9ce_b.jpg

5154805777_74b2cf6651_b.jpg

5155413694_90e393257a_b.jpg

5154807707_8705897484_b.jpg

The movement is stamped ETA 6497-1 underneath the brass wheel. The front glass is sapphire.

Aside from this, I don't remember which version this is. It's been "stuck" in my watch box for far too long, and I'm not sure if I should keep it... :whistling:

DSN Fiddy, mate.

The dial, the hands and the very badly distorted xtal all point to the fact. Also, he was one of the very few from GZ that was offering his Fiddy with 3rd gen E-series ETA6497-1 mov't.

The case is good though, and again points to his Fiddy from mid to late 2009, before the cases with incorrectly shaped (blunt) corners started flodding the market. The dial txt while light gray it' still closer to the real deal than the recent Fiddy rep dials with beige/light brown txt.

It's a nice Fiddy nevertheless, however I'd put it into a 'middle of the road' category, IMO.

I owned this rep Fiddy model as well, as part of my 5 Fiddy binge madness during the last 4-5 years, sold all but one.

cheers,

b

DSN Fiddy, mate.

The dial, the hands and the very badly distorted xtal all point to the fact. Also, he was one of the very few from GZ that was offering his Fiddy with 3rd gen E-series ETA6497-1 mov't.

The case is good though, and again points to his Fiddy from mid to late 2009, before the cases with incorrectly shaped (blunt) corners started flodding the market. The dial txt while light gray it' still closer to the real deal than the recent Fiddy rep dials with beige/light brown txt.

It's a nice Fiddy nevertheless, however I'd put it into a 'middle of the road' category, IMO.

I owned this rep Fiddy model as well, as part of my 5 Fiddy binge madness during the last 4-5 years, sold all but one.

cheers,

b

Wow...thanks for the knowledge dump!

Now...do I keep it? :scratch:

Now...do I keep it? :scratch:

Hmm, if you asked me this few weeks ago I'd say - keep it for sure, as there's hardly any possibility of sourcing something better as-new in the future, except if you're lucky to find a nice old second hand EL Fiddy as W pointed out above.

However the recent rumors are that the Cartel is building a new 127 Fiddy, to be released after 2011 Chinese New Year.

This one has reportedly being copied from the 'gen-in-hand'. It's yet to be seen, but the fact that its being made by the same maker of the A7753 Daylights, it sounds promising. ;)

Either or, I'd still keep that movement. It's a proven workhorse, it uses Swiss ETA as a base, and the bridge decoration is little better compared to previously released ETA-based E-series mov'ts. Also, according to the latest update from DSN, the E-series ETA6497 mov'ts aren't available any more.

cheers,

b

Hmm, if you asked me this few weeks ago I'd say - keep it for sure, as there's hardly any possibility of sourcing something better as-new in the future, except if you're lucky to find a nice old second hand EL Fiddy as W pointed out above.

However the recent rumors are that the Cartel is building a new 127 Fiddy, to be released after 2011 Chinese New Year.

This one has reportedly being copied from the 'gen-in-hand'. It's yet to be seen, but the fact that its being made by the same maker of the A7753 Daylights, it sounds promising. ;)

Either or, I'd still keep that movement. It's a proven workhorse, it uses Swiss ETA as a base, and the bridge decoration is little better compared to previously released ETA-based E-series mov'ts. Also, according to the latest update from DSN, the E-series ETA6497 mov'ts aren't available any more.

cheers,

b

Hi B,

I'm new here.

I want to get 127 with Swiss Movt.

Do you have link to get to the Cartel?

Thanks alot.

Sawat

Sawat,

Have you tried looking under the "Watches, Clothing, & Accessories" section on the forum. All the "cartel dealers" have a section there. You can find lots of information there.

:victory:

Hi B,

I'm new here.

I want to get 127 with Swiss Movt.

Do you have link to get to the Cartel?

Thanks alot.

Sawat