When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What 7753 DW and lever is closest to the gen? Swiss ETA 7753 DW or TAKA DW? lever w/ or w/o the ball

Guest Daytona1984

Guest Daytona1984

hello panerai experts,

i'm planing a panerai daylight project (ultimate panerai, gen swiss eta 7753) and was wondering which date wheel to use? should i keep the gen swiss eta dw or go for a taka 7753 dw?

are there any differences in the font size? i heared the taka one's are more bolt.

i'm interested in this one:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/new-arrival-pam188h-daylight-a7753-ultimate-edition-on-ss-bracelet/

i was also wondering if the new styled lever is correct for this modell. i have newer seen a H-series with the "ball"-lever nor another 188 with one. where can i get a correct lever?

thanks for your help guys :)

So you are going to start with the A7753 version and then swap out movement and dial? You may be better off buying a V1 Swiss 7753 and starting from there.But if you are going to start with the A7753 case make sure you can find an older V1 dial as the better 7753 dials are becoming very rare. Any of the aftermarket date wheels (Taka, Leo or even a select number of the Lello's are a big improvement). I take it from your post you are doing a 188. Here is a fully modded v1 188 both in rep dial and gen dial format.

Rep Dial:

DSC_0008.jpg

Gen Dial:

DSCN0298.jpg

Guest Daytona1984

So you are going to start with the A7753 version and then swap out movement and dial? You may be better off buying a V1 Swiss 7753 and starting from there.But if you are going to start with the A7753 case make sure you can find an older V1 dial as the better 7753 dials are becoming very rare. Any of the aftermarket date wheels (Taka, Leo or even a select number of the Lello's are a big improvement). I take it from your post you are doing a 188. Here is a fully modded v1 188 both in rep dial and gen dial format.

thanks buddy for the info :)

so you would buy this one, since it has a better dial?

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/pam196-daylight-white-dial-swissver/

what about the case? i thought the ultimate case would be better...

what other mods did you do on your 188? anything on the crown guard/crown? do you still have the gen dial?

your help is really appreciated!

Thinking out loud... I agree the ultimate A7753 case is better other than the crown guard which I believe is the wrong one for a 196. As always life is trade-offs. The new A-7753 has better everything other than CG. The date placement and size is a trifle bit off but you are getting the right date font. If you are determined to go Swiss I think I would start with trying to buy a dial from the older versions. If you are going for 188 I have a spare one. You can always pick up a 7753 movement. But remember you will need a new date wheel for that movement. I know Taka, Leo and Lello all made them at various points in time. You would have to check with Taka or Leo as Lello is no longer doing this stuff.

In truth I would probably buy an A7753 version, look for a new cg and call it a day. Otherwise you are buying an older 7753 version and unless it is fully modded you are looking at getting a date wheel, a crown and a relume on the dial. And yes I still have the gen dial in the 188. That one took me quite a while to find. At some point I owned multiples of these daylights but now I am down to the franken 188, a gen and a random re-cased 7753 Panda protoype. Although I haven't seen one in the flesh these new ones are really awesome. Here are most of the 7753's I have bought, sold or built over the years. They are some of my favorites.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg