When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7032 Gen Dial

Jimster

I wanted to post this photo as this watch recently was sold by Antiquorum from the original owner. Nothing on this watch was changed the entire time he owned it.

The watch sold for just over $19,000 including buyers premium.

Take a look at the dial detail especially the subdial outer edges. I think DW is very close on his spacing.

What do you think?

Tudor7032facebox.jpg

With the caveat that I can't see the picture that you posted (damn firewall)...

I think that DW's is the best aftermarket dial available for the 7031/7032, and superior to offerings from NDT, Yuki, and J&W. The main flaw of the DW dial is that its subdials lack the dodecagonal indentation that the gens have. (Yes, I had to look up 'dodecagon'!) However, this is hard to notice from a distance and under most lighting conditions. Other than that, the orange minute numerals are too close to the rehaut, while the frame of the Tudor shield is thicker than on the gen. But this is really nitpicking!

When I first got my DW 7032, what surprised me was how dark the dial looked compared to pictures of gens. I was later able to examine a 7169 and a Heritage up close, and confirm that the shade of gray was correct.