When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 3714 - Strap and buckle/fastener reccomendations

Adz

Hi all, I'm having a genuine movement and double AR Crystal fitted to a white/blue 3714 by Nik. I've not ordered a replica before so I'm after some advice on watch straps to suit this particular watch. I tried a genuine 3714 on when in Hawaii and I thought it may of had a fastener rather than a buckle but I don't really remember. Would this be right as most I see look like they have a buckle? I'm looking for a nice high quality black leather band.

I note there are a lot of threads mentioning watch straps but I don't know my straps/buckles/fasteners too well so I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what to replace it with?

Thanks in advance :)

The best is Peter (watchAcc) or gen.

I have his strap om my Concepta 3714-38.

You can find his contact info here:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=369773&rid=0

Just tell him You want a IWC spec black croco for Your Portuguese and he will make a strap with IWC specs like the brown pictured in the bottom.

Expect a little over a month for it to be made.

Buckle:

You dont want a deploy clasp on a dressy watch like this.

A rep buckle is fine.

I have both gen and rep buckle and I cant see any difference to be honest.

Talk to Your dealer and they will hook You up or try frindning a used one for sale on the boards,

You might need to buy a whole rep strap to get it.

Buckle:

You dont want a deploy clasp on a dressy watch like this.

Care to explain the reasoning behind your argument?

Saw Wall Street 2 last night and saw Shia's character with a pretty expensive IWC with a deployment. Also, check out this pic. That's a special edition 3714 and it has a deployment clasp.

Care to explain the reasoning behind your argument?

Saw Wall Street 2 last night and saw Shia's character with a pretty expensive IWC with a deployment. Also, check out this pic. That's a special edition 3714 and it has a deployment clasp.

Its all about personal preferences I guess.

But I feel a deploy clasp is better suited on a pilot watch like the 5002/5004 or 3717.

It does add to the overall thickness of the watch.

And a dresswatch in my book is a thin piece, both watch and strap, in order to fit better under the shirt cuff.

A small thumbnail buckle like the IWC blends in better with the watch and dont take focus away from the beauty of the watch itself.

But hey, thats just me :)