When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Reps Should Not Be Worn

Watchmeister

Yesterday, after reading some of these posts I decided to wear my Sky/Moon. Wore it to a party. Within an hour I had about seven comments (I mean.....it kind of stands out!). When they asked me what it was and what it costs I told them the original costs over a million........but mine only cost a $100 bucks. Everybody just laughed.....and then wanted to know where they could get one.

Ah yes, the Real World.... often overlooked in these threads :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think that a replica of a one million dollar watch is more appreciated than a replica of a $4,000 watch. Any watch over $20,000 is more unatainable by most people. Wearing a replica of a $4,000 or even $10,000 watch sometimes says to people I want to be someone I'm not. Wearing a replica of a one million dollar watch says i appreciate watches and this is an homage to something I could never have.

Absolutely correct! ..............

Still, I would not do business with someone investing my money wearing a fake watch. You want someone who is successful investing your money.

As opposed to someone wasteing $4K on a tawdry divers watch in the vain hope that it'll impress the pants off you to invest money with him :whistling:

When I do business face to face I always have a genuine Rolex on and there is no question to my client whether I am successful or not.

It came across as the boss bought all of them reps and make them wear it to impress customers

If I encounter people trying to impress me with a lame Rolex (real or not) I first wonder if I'm stuck in a 60's time warp when that sort of nonsense was real, then I kick myself for swimming into such a small pond and quickly get back out with the bigger fish.

Edited by narikaa

I do understand Narikaa's point of view. Mine is a little diferent and has more to do with my interest in reps and enjoyment finding the best version and making them as good as they can be. I have a number of relatvely rare reps that I will never wear but am proud to own. Kind of like stamp collecting. And I suspect there are a fair number of folks here of that ilk. In truth I am at an age and have a good enough job that no one would ever doubt what was on my wrist (other than the Sky Moon - although no one knows what it is) and so I simply wear whatever (rep or gen) for my own private enjoyment. My comment on the Sky Moon simply reflected the fact that wearing a watch like that (IMHO) screams I am rich (and if you are knowledgeable) how dumb I am trying to convince you how rich I am. That is probably not a fair way to think but that is how I do. :)

Robertk-

Too funny. :lol:

"""When I do business face to face I always have a genuine Rolex on and there is no question to my client whether I am successful or not."""

Damn and all this time i thought it was about personal achievement and goals......you mean I could have slapped a rolex on my credit card this whole time.